Quality of Life
Fairburn has grown from a sleepy town of 4,000 residents to a bustling city of 15,000+ citizens. In spite of this phenomenal growth we have never lost our friendly small-town charm and our sense of family and community. Fairburn maintains a traditional small-town atmosphere coupled with the sophisticated advantages of a nearby metropolitan area.
We are proud of our community’s heritage, achievements and its potential for the future. We believe Fairburn is a special place - an ideal small city - large enough to provide excellent service but small enough to know and care about its citizens and members of our business community.
The median price for homes in Fairburn is $148,000.
Fairburn is home to GMC Community College, Brenau University and Landmark Christian School, known for its stellar college preparatory curriculum. The city is also served by the Fulton County School System.
Fairburn Nature Preserve and Mitigation Bank
Our 310 acres Nature Preserve Property has been designated for environmentally sensitive uses such as education, wetland mitigation, water resource preservation and future groundwater exploration.
The Georgia Renaissance Festival brings a quarter million people to Fairburn each spring to celebrate days of chivalry.
Cochran Mill Nature Center
Located just outside Fairburn city limits the center features hands-on exploration, interactive games, interpretive trail hikes, wildlife demonstrations and Nature Day Camp Programs for children ages 4-13.
- The population of Fairburn is 15,184 as of 2018.
- The city covers 17.05 square miles.
- Fairburn's city boundaries have increased by over 6,000 acres since 2000.
- Fairburn’s cost of living index in 2007 was 84.7 less than the U.S. average of 100.
- Fairburn's median income in 2018 was $54,513.
- Fairburn is a transportation and logistics hub.
- Fairburn is in South Fulton County and is in the Atlanta Metropolitan area.
- Fairburn is just ten miles south of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
- Fairburn offers a business-friendly one-stop permitting process.
- Fairburn’s downtown is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
- The City of Fairburn earned a Green Community certification from the Atlanta Regional Commission.