“The Office of the City Clerk strives to provide professional and courteous service to our elected officials, staff and most importantly the citizens of the City of Fairburn, Georgia."
The Office of the City Clerk serves as “Keeper of the Seal and Records." Our office works in conjunction with the City Attorney’s office to ensure all such documents are properly executed and filed with the appropriate agencies. In addition, the City Clerk’s office is responsible for the production and distribution of the City Council Agendas, which are published prior to each meeting to the general public. The City Clerk is appointed by the Mayor and Council.
Primary Responsibilities of the City Clerk’s Department
- Report ordinance for codification to the municipal corporation
- Records official minutes of Council
- Type municipal correspondence
- Prepares meeting agendas
- Process records, file and advertise ordinances, resolutions and notices
- Advertise municipal budget
- Receive cash for utility bills, property taxes, etc.
- Administer and records oaths of office
- Maintains custody of all official records not specifically handled by other department such as the minutes to all boards of commission meetings
- Process open records requests
- Process general liability claims
- Certify and notarize documents
- Record retention
- Occupation licenses
- Elections for the City of Fairburn